June Meeting – to be hosted by Alan & Ellen Nastir Tuesday June 7th – 7PM The Nastir's… Alan and Ellen… are pleased to host the TBLS for our very first time. I'll be demonstrating my Squeezbox2 based PC-Audio Server (still under construction) which streams digital audio from CD's ripped into FLAC files. Well also play CD's directly for comparison. I have eclectic tastes which includes most anything (except rap). My wife enjoys popular music and show-tunes (at minimal volume, but has promised to accommodate realistic listening levels this ONE time). We invite everybody to bring along their favorite CD's to demo. Unfortunately, I cannot accommodate vinyl, since I do not own a turntable. We'll also have assorted munchies, coffee, soft drinks, and wine coolers. We don't drink beer, but feel free to bring along a six-pack if that's what it takes to listen to digital all night. My system currently consists of: Slimdevices Squeezebox2 (functioning as transport) Buffalo 300 GB Linkstation (as dedicated audio server) Toshiba SD-3750 for DVD/CD playback Yamaha RX-V1000 (as pre/pro) Sunfire Cinema Grand 200 ~five (bridged for 2 channel audio) Martin-Logan Aerius i electrostatic speakers NHT SubTwo with outboard controller Blue Jeans cables Future wish list: Tube pre-amp, outboard DAC -Alan
1 Comments:
Tres Cool! Now, there's gotta be some TBLS Bylaw prohibiting 2 consecutive months of Solid State Amps and Stat Speakers!
By
Alan N, at 10:13 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home